Dr. J P Singh
Born on April 8, 1931 Prof (Dr.) J P Singh taught Geography for approximately four decades. He started his career as a lecturer in 1956 from Mahendra College, Patiala. The years 1962-1987 witnessed his presence at the Post Graduate Department of SCD Govt. College for Boys, Ludhiana. In recognition of his sincere services, he was appointed Prof and Head of the Geography Department at Punjabi University Patiala in 1987, the job he held till his retirement.
Born on Nov. 4, 1944 Dr. Ramesh Inder Kaur Bal started her career as a Lecturer in 1969 from Govt. College for Women, Patiala, “Eroticism in Guru Nanak’s Poetry” was the subject of her Thesis in PhD. She taught Punjabi at Govt. College for Women, Ludhiana from 1969-2000. Her illustrious career saw her get elevated to the post of Principal Govt College Zira. Dr. Bal retired as Principal, Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College, Kamalpur, Ludhiana.
Mrs. and Mr. Bal established Partap Charitable Trust in 1996. Their vision, steadfastness and perseverance gave birth to Partap College of Education and Partap Public School in Ludhiana. It is in these sister institutions, that the lives and aspirations of many a youngster are reaching fruition.